Do you have uninvited guests in your home? Depending on where you live, pests could be a year-round or seasonal issue, but they are never welcome. Nothing shatters your sense of peace and comfort in your home like discovering mice, termites, ants or other pests looking for food and shelter.
Luckily, there are tried-and-true methods for dealing with bugs and rodents in both the short and long terms. Keep reading to discover the best pest control solutions for your home.
Short-Term Pest Control Solutions
Once you’ve spotted signs of an infestation in your home, here’s what you can do to control the problem immediately:
- Use poison and traps to eliminate ants, roaches, flies, mice or whatever pests you’re dealing with.
- Treat your pets with flea medicine.
- Seal entry points to keep bugs and rodents out.
- Keep your home clean, and don’t leave food out.
- Remove standing water that could be a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
Long-Term Pest Control Solutions
Once you get things under control for now, you’ll want to address the root cause to keep pests away for the long run.
- Fix moisture issues or leaks that may be attracting pests.
- Patch up cracks or gaps in your home’s structure.
- Insulate your attic to keep mice and other rodents from getting in.
- Proactively schedule regular pest inspections and treatments.
While no one enjoys dealing with pest issues, regular maintenance and prevention can help keep your home a haven — but only for you and your human guests.
Have questions about homeownership or insurance? Reach out so we can discuss your coverage.